FOLLOW Youtube Channel HERE!!

Monday, 28 May 2012

And now I know...

Hey there!

I know, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I was feeling a little stressed out.

A while ago in one of  Random Posts  I mentioned that I had my head checked out because of a pain on my forehead.  At around that time I  had an x-ray done on my head, and I was told by my doctor that I would only hear from him, if he found "any abnormality on the bone structure".  Well, I never did hear from him, but instead I received a letter in the mail saying that I was being refferred for an MRI at the hospital.  No explanation, just a piece of paper.  I freaked out!!  I really did.  I called my doctor's office multiple times, and I could never get a live person on the phone.  So I did what any freaked out person would do and showed up at the doctor's office one day, demanding some answers.  My basic questions were "why am I being referred for an MRI?" And "Why did no one take a second to call me to let me know, I was being referred?"  In the end, the doctor was away and the nurse/receptionist had no answers for me other than "the x-ray was inconclusive".

Fast forward to 3 weeks later and I had my MRI done at a local hospital.  And let me tell you, I've had many tests done over the years, but this one freaked-me-out.  Once they shut that door and the machine started making jack hammer noises I thought I was going to loose my mind!

And then I waited for the results.  The technician at the hospital told me that the results would be forwarded to my doc within 5 business days.  On the 5th day, I called my doctor's office.  They did not have results.  I called a couple of days later, still same reply.  This went on for 2 1/2 weeks and then someone took pity on me and told me that the doctor had been away and my that my MRI was probably sitting on his desk and he would get to it when he got back to the office. ummmm yeah.  That's what they told me. I asked the first day he was expected back and made an appointment.  I was scheduled for a Thursday afternoon.  The Wednesday morning before my scheduled appointment, someone called and asked if I wanted to come in because they had a cancellation.  At the point I realized the other person had not booked me on the first day the doc was back in office.  Anyhow I went into the office a couple hours later.

About 45 stressful minutes of waiting to see the doctor on a scheduled appointment, I was told I had a cyst on the Penial Gland on my brain.  uh... what?  I was stunned.  The doctor then handed me a prescription for neuro meds and said that I need to have another MRI in 6 months to check on growth and he got up to leave. I took the script and asked "are there any side affects to these meds?"  He looked at me and said "there are side effects to everything ask the pharmacist.  Have a good day."  And walked out.  He did not tell me it's benign.  He did not explain to me that the chances of this cyst  causing seizures and blindness are minimal.   He did not explain to me that the chances of this cyst growing are minimal. he did not tell me that most people only find out they have this cyst because they go for MRIs for something else.  He did not explain to me anything about this cyst.  I had to ask Dr. Google.  And yes I know, I should not be relying on google for medical advice, but at this point, he's all I've got to go on.  And for my own sanity, I am going to go with the diagnosis that this is just a blip on the MRI and I can continue to live albeit with constant migraines and pain.

Anyhow, I hope that gives you some indication why I've been silent on the blog.

And, in case you are wondering I'm looking for a new family doctor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...