FOLLOW Youtube Channel HERE!!

Saturday, 6 July 2013


The move went well last week.  Everything went according to plan.  We got possession of the new house one week earlier than we closed on our Somerset home.  We were able to go in and clean, and also move all the boxes and little things that we could fit into our cars.

Hubby and the kids, had a few sleepovers at the new house in sleeping bags.  I filled up the fridge, so that they had food to munch.  I like my own bed, so Jovi and I would head back to the Somerset house to sleep.

The moving trucks came at the end of the week, and moved all the big furniture over.

I got everything organized and set-up how I liked it.  I started making my list of what I wanted to do in each room.

But sometimes, things don't go as you planned.

My grandma who lives in Portugal, was admitted to the hospital with several health issues at the beginning of July. She was severely dehydrated, her kidneys were not functioning well and she was fighting a respiratory infection. She was released and then two days later, had a massive stroke.

Not being there, I didn't know how bad it was.  I couldn't get ahold of my parents, or of my sister, who is visiting them.

Finally this morning my cousin message me on Facebook, and told me she had heard from my sister. So I checked my own phone and there was a text there from my sister too.  When I read her text, I finally broke down.  At the time hubby had taken the kids to the movies, and it was probably a good thing.  I cried and cried. My sister had gone to see her and my grandma was unresponsive, and they didn't think she would pull out of it.  She was alive, but not really there anymore.

I went to the computer and looked up flights to Portugal. I couldn't find anything, it was like my mind went blank. I finally found one that I could afford, but it leaves the next day, tomorrow).  And there was one other problem, Haley is having surgery this coming Tuesday.  It's minor surgery, she has having her ear tubes removed that the doctor put in three years ago.  I desperately want to be there for her, but I also believe this might be my last chance to see my grandma alive, that is if my flight makes in time.

So, when hubby got home, we talked. He told me to go.  He would get Haley to her surgery, and Sydney to summer school and everything would be ok.  I asked him to find me a flight, and I ran to find my passport.  Thank god it was still with the lawyer documents for the house purchase the week before, I had used my passport as proof of identity.

So as I write this post, I have to say that although I had planned to have a bunch of projects to share with you this coming week, I have to postpone them.

I am off to say goodbye to my grandma.  I called her Avo, and my kids called her Vovozita! She was a big part of my life growing up.

I really hope I make it in time to see her again.

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

And also my little Haley.

I will be back in two weeks.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...