One of the things that I talked about was getting the pictures up, or more specifically making a plan for the house. I went around the house and took a picture of each room with our stuff in it and started a plan. Of course, the plan will evolve and change over time, but this at least gives me a direction of where I want to go. I'm focusing all of efforts on the First Floor and Second Floor, over time I may share the Basement, but at this point it is not a priority, and will probably remain builder-basic-beige.
Oh... and please excuse any picture frames you may see laying around. You might also notice that alot of the points end in a question, well that is because I haven't decided what to do, but at least now I'm thinking about them. Oh, and I also did not clean before I took the pictures, so excuse some of the messes.
So here we go:
The First Floor
- Entry (o% Complete)
- Privacy solution for the front door
- replace light fixtures
replace mirror paint walls
- paint door black?
- paint bench?
- bench cushion
- replace vase with sticks with a plant?
- Living Room (0% Complete)
- Decide whether the wallpaper is staying or going. I found this particular pattern at Rona a it was about $40 per roll, so the previous owners spent some money on this, but do I love it?
- Art behind the sectional
- The tables disappear with the dark sectional, should I paint them?
To - do:
- Keep the bookcase or replace it with a small side table?
- The t.v. cabinet is too small for the t.v., look for a replacement.
- Paint the walls?
- Dining Room ( 0% Complete)
- Recover the chairs
- Too many mirrors... maybe other art work in room?
Kitchen (5% complete)
- Finish desk and shelves
- bench under window
- Pantry beside window
- New Island with drawers and seating for three.
- paint cabinets white?
Girls Bedroom (0% complete)
- Remove previous owners owl decals from behind mirror
- Paint the dark bed, so they match
- remove shelves
- Art for above girls beds
- matching bed side lamps
- Area rug between the beds
- paint the room, with maybe a different colour behind the girls beds
- Install fan window covering (it's a half moon window that gets a lot of sun most of day!)
- New curtains? lined?
- bench cushions
- Paint the chairs white to match desks
- Organize the bookcases
Office Area (0% complete)
- Proper desk
- New chair! (that's embarrassing)
- Shelves above desk
Anthony's Room (0% complete)
- Shelves/desk for toy area
- Declutter toys (before Christmas comes)
- Art for above bed! (maybe the world map?)
- Kids Bathroom (95% complete)
(You can see here what I did with it shortly after moving in)
To - do:
- New vanity light fixture
- Board and batten/ chair rail to tame the green?
- Master Bedroom (0% Complete)
Move the bed under the windows, chair other side of room.. get rid of green!
- refinish side tables
- Master Bathroom - (0%complete
new light fixtures (vanity and the room's boob light)
- artwork ( I hung up some art already, but I'm not sure it will work
- nice towels :)
So that is my list so far. Our house is about 9 years old and as you can see most of the rooms are builder-beige (other than the two Kermit the Frog ones). Although I love my neutrals, the beige is getting to me too. I see alot of painting in my near future.
I don't really think this will be our forever home, so
we I really don't want to make any drastic expensive changes to it, like we did in our last house. But having said that, I do want to make it ours.
So tell me, from the list that I made so far, any suggestions ?