Hey you guys! Welcome back to Day 2 of Christmas Cookie Link-up Party.
I've been baking like a mad-woman for the past two weeks, and
my tight pants efforts are beggining to show pay off. I'm ready for what the teachers, coaches, kids and who ever else ask of me this holiday. I love being prepared! Yesterday I showed you Sour Cream Cookies, which last I checked were down to only a couple. Kids love these for their school lunch.
Today, I'm sharing Chocolate Peppermint Brittle! Oh my goodness, these are so delicious and so easy to make.
Chocolate Peppermint Brittle
- 1 box (225g) of Dare Breton Cookies (or thin round crackers, but not soda)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy cane bits
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Overlap crackers until you have covered a foil lined 9x13 pan.
- In a saucepan, stir butter and sugar until boiling.
- Pour over crackers and bake in oven for 5 minutes, until it begins to bubble over crackers.
- Scatter chips overtop and let them melt. Once they are melted spread them to cover crackers. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Once it is completely cooled break apart into pieces with your hands. Enjoy!
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -
If you want to pin any of them, please either click on picture and pin directly from the person's website or you can pin from my Christmas Cookies Pinterest Board. Thanks!
Here's the features from yesterday's party.
Are you drooling yet? Have you found any goodies you'd like to try?