I need to seriously think about increasing my exercise so I can decrease my waste size. :(
Today I'm sharing Anthony's favourite cookie.
This recipe originally came to me from my friend at a Christmas Cookie Exchange party that I hosted about 15 years ago or so. I've since then tweaked the original recipe by adding a couple extra spices.
These snaps have crackle tops and a spicy flavour. They freeze really well, too. They have been requested for Anthony's school bake sale next week. Of course I have to make another batch cause these are almost all gone.
Ginger Snap Cookies
(makes 6 dozen cookies)
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Mollasses ( I use Fancy molasses)
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- extra granulated sugar (to roll cookies in)
- Cream butter and first amount of sugar. Beat in egg. Mix in the molasses
- Stir flour, baking soda, spices and salt together and add to wet mixture. Mix well
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 350F oven for 10 -12 minutes. Enjoy!
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -
And now unto the party....
If you want to pin any of them, please either click on picture and pin directly from the person's website or you can pin from my Christmas Cookies Pinterest Board. Thanks!
Here's the features from yesterday's party.