Today I'm going to share my younger brother's favourite cookie of all time. Jam squares. I have
(makes 12 large squares)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shortening ( I use Crisco)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 jam of choice (for the ones above I used a mixed berry jam)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- Fork beat eggs in separate bowl and add to flour mixture.
- Using 2/3 of mix, press into 9x13 pan.
- Spread jam of choice over top, and sprinkle remaining batter over top of jam. (
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until the top begins to brown.
- Let cool, before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
(Extra Tips: My mom always used a 9 x 13 pan for hers, I used a glass 9 x13 baking dish. Also, I sometimes add 1 or 2 tbsp flour to the last 1/3 mixture before sprinkling on top to make it more of a streusel top.)
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -
If you want to pin any of them, please either click on picture and pin directly from the person's website or you can pin from my Christmas Cookies Pinterest Board. Thanks!
Here's the features from yesterday's party.
Don't those look yummy!
And now for Day 3 of the progressive Christmas Cookie Week.