CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES! Now that I have your attention... how was your weekend? Super Bowl and Groundhogs Day! Eeek the little rodent saw his shadow, which baffles me 'cause there was no sun to be seen. >:(
But now on to Valentine's Day and...
... on to Chocolate Covered Strawberries... yummy. I treated my family on the weekend. :)
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
(makes 6 dozen cookies)
- 1 cup chocolate melting wafers (got mine from Bulk barn)
- Strawberries (i kept the stems on)
1. Wash Strawberries under running water, and pat dry with towel to remove excess water.
2. In a double boiler (or put a bowl over pot like I did) melt your chocolate, on medium heat. Stirring gently.
3. Once chocolate wafers are melted, dip the strawberries, letting excess chocolate fall back into the bowl and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet. I kept my pot over low heat while doing this, the chocolate hardens fast.
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - –
This would make a delicious "fancy" addition to your Valentine's Dinner, wouldn't it?
Or maybe this No bake Cherry Cheesecake?