If you follow along on Facebook then you might have heard about my mishap at the gym earlier this week, which resulted in a concussion. I'm feeling better now, the head ache seems to be going away. According to doctor's orders, I am supposed to take it easy over the next few days, but she never said I couldn't bake. Which is exactly what I did last night. I only ate one (shhh... don't tell my trainer).
I've had this recipe for many years, it's my go-to recipe when the frozen bananas start to accumulate in the freezer. I usually make muffins with it because it's easier to freeze for kids school lunches. I've also used this recipe to make Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. (just bake for an hour in a loaf pan.)
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil (I use Canola oil)
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips (save some for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat sugar and eggs until creamy. Mix in oil. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by 1/4 cupfuls into Muffin-cup line muffin tin. Sprinkle some extra chips on top.
- Bake in 350F oven for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – -
Do you have a go-to Banana recipe?
And do you prefer it in Muffins or a Loaf?
“If you liked this post, by all means share it!”