Once again this recipe came about, because I was lacking a certain ingredient in the house (butter) and it was too cold to go to store to go get it. Did you know you can substitute apple sauce for oil or butter in a recipe? It gives it a cake-like consistency. That is how I came up with this Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Muffin Recipe. At least I think it's healthy ;)
Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxmeal
- 2 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs and sugar, until creamy. Mix in vanilla and apple sauce. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix in coconut and mashed bananas and raisins.
- Pour into prepared into greased muffin tin.
- Bake in 350F oven for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
|Ignore, the piece of banana at the top that wasn't mashed enough. ;)|
If you liked this recipe, here are some other Breakfast recipes that you might enjoy:
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Golden Banana Pancakes
Berry Yogurt Parfait
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – -
Do you like to experiment and substitute ingredients in recipes?
Or do you like to follow the recipe exactly?