With every meal, I try to incorporate a vegetable side dish. Since we bought the new stove, one side-dish that I have made a few times is Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese. I'm pretty sure I've professed my love of asparagus, and this is another recipe that I get to use asparagus in. It's also one of those that you can use any vegetable you have one hand. Basically empty out the fridge veggie crisper and you are good to go. You can also chop up fresh tomatoes and mix it in.
Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese
- Fresh Vegetables (not frozen)- red and yellow peppers, zucchini, asparagus, eggplant, mushrooms, etc.
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop up vegetables and red onion into bite size pieces.
- Place vegetable mixture in 9x13 baking pan and pour olive oil over them. Sprinkle seasonings, garlic powder over top. Mix together. I usually do this right in the pan, so that there is no need to pre-grease the pan.
- Bake in 400F oven for 20-25 minutes. Take out of oven and let cool. Once it's cooled sprinkle the salt and pepper and feta cheese over top. Mix it all together and enjoy! (at this point you can also add chopped tomatoes)
- – - – - – - – - – - -- – - – - – -